Tuesday 5 November 2013

Handsfree Breastfeeding with a Woven Wrap Sling




It can be done as I've just discovered today. I ordered two slings, a Didymos and a Hoppediz, to rent for two weeks from the brilliant sling library on the babywearingireland website, and they arrived today. After half an hour of playing around with the Hoppediz, and using this video [it's in Spanish but easy to follow], I managed to comfortably attach my three week old baby to me, where he has been happily feeding/snoozing for the last half hour. The slings come with instructions, and the Hoppediz supplies a great choice of holds, but none to compete with the youtube video for a hold suitable for nursing.

I'm so happy. I can finally get things done!






2 comments:

  1. Found your blog tonight and enjoyed it. Thanks. Going to try those muffins. Did you purchase your own sling in the end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, glad you enjoyed my blog. It's so nice to get a comment! I ended up getting a Moby stretch wrap very cheaply second hand and it's the business. Very comfortable and easy to use, once you get over the initial horror of all that material! Again, brilliant instructional videos on YouTube. I also have an Ergo which is great for out and about, but too structured for around the house.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!