Friday 20 September 2019

An Irish Summer

I am a champion of the Irish climate. I cannot understand the tired jokes and utterances about our terrible weather. They can only be made by people who reserve their outdoor activities for a small window of time in the week. We have a temperate climate, rarely too hot or too cold, making it mostly optimum temperature for growing grass which, combined with our healthy rainfall, sustains a rich agriculture. Having driven a motorbike as my main mode of transport for 5 years I found that we rarely have days where it is raining all day but mostly with confined showers and plenty of pleasant weather in between.

And with that I present you photos of the most beautiful day this year so far (18th September), although I've crowned about 100 days "the most beautiful day of this year". I took these on Inch beach near Whitegate. We haven't gone on an overseas holiday in five years and recently I've been wondering if I am playing it too safe and not taking risks as a parent. But then yesterday, after collecting my 5 year old from school, we headed straight to the beach that lies only a few minutes drive down the road and I really felt like I was in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Maybe next year we'll get on a plane.














Here is the same beach (and same children) a week later, and it was just as beautiful and fun:












With the right gear, the beach is definitely not just for sunny weather. It can feel like a completely different landscape on a dull day. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!