Monday 6 January 2020

Beach Stones for Vegetable Bed Edging

Today was a day I was looking forward to, and dreading at the same time. It was the first day back to school after the Christmas holidays, a break which has the magical ability to absolutely destroy any sense of routine. We haven't been poking our toes out of bed until 9am at the earliest for the last two weeks. We woke to torrential rain and strong wind, which wasn't a great welcome, but by 11am it had cleared to an absolutely fabulous clear skied and sunny day. So I enticed a lazy three year old off the couch with a trip to the beach to play with his diggers on the sand while I foraged some big stones to use as edging for my burgeoning vegetable beds. I have already salvaged any sizable piece of stone from around the garden for the same purpose. As I happened to have a bin bag in the boot of the car, I also decided to scoop up a load of washed up seaweed.

My beds are looking pretty this evening after a bit of work. One is completed and the other needs another load of stones:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!