Sunday 31 January 2021

Grow Write Guild #5 What Does Your Garden Sound Like?

My garden is loud with the sound of birds. Not just the wild birds but the big flock of ducks, chickens and geese in the small farm that is right next door to me. I have made videos of my children in the garden and during playback realised the symphonic avian soundtrack that I have become so used to.

There is a small lane that runs parallel to the end of our garden and very occasionally a small, old tractor passes. I hear the engine starting and the tractor slowly rolling to a move before I see it through the thick cypress trees.

The road to the front of the house is quiet and I hear the chatting voices of the pairs of walkers approaching the house, or the barking from the neighbour's garden letting me know that someone is walking a dog. 

In the summer, particularly in the lower half of the garden, insect sound levels rise, primarily bees and flies. I left loads of ragwort bloom last summer and it was the star of the floral show when it came to attracting invertebrates.

I love the sound of my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!