Saturday 16 May 2015

Back On Two Wheels (with a companion)

Until my pregnancy, I had been driving motorbikes for five years. I started off on a Suzuki Marauder 125:



After six months I upgraded to a 2000 Honda Rebel 250, which I drove to France alone thus spending one of the best weeks of my life. I loved this bike so much.



But I was doing to much road for a 250 engine and with a trip from Ireland - UK - France - Belgium- Holland planned, I had to size up. So I sold the Rebel and welcomed a 1992 Suzuki Katana 400 into my life. Big, beefy and beautiful.




I still have the Katana but I haven't been back on the her since bambino came along. It needs a good overhaul after being parked up for two years and I just don't want the responsibility, or cost, of it right now. But I was yearning for a bit of a thrill so when I saw a cheap second hand bicycle for sale locally I went for it.




It's a Triumph, from the 70s I believe.




I've worn him strapped to my back and now strapped to the back of my bicycle!


Today was our maiden voyage - to the library, playground and back home! Carrigaline is well equipped with cycle paths so I worked out the safest route with the least severe incline. We had a blast and I'm fitter than I thought. I really didn't think I'd make the hill back but just as my stamina was running out, we had reached level ground again. I can't wait to get back out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!