Wednesday 20 May 2015

My Garden: 20th May 2015

My pet rabbit is still wild in the garden until we finish making her run. 




She is decimating everything, even the plants she doesn't eat - she likes to lie across my lavender. My vegetable garden is so sparse compared to recent years. The only upside is that it is changing my focus from the usual vegetables to other plants such as fruit trees and container grown flowers and veg.


Aren't these lupin seedlings so pretty?




Here is the only Scented Nightstick that survived but I have some planted in a border, although I'm not sure of they are coming up.
I really hope they do because they are just outside the backdoor and I am really looking forward to sitting outside after the sun goes down and enjoying that gorgeous smell they release at night.




Pods are emerging on my lonely broad bean plant. I had very poor germination rates this year but my seeds are a few years old:




I planted a Conference pear tree in November to act as pollinator to my Williams tree that I planted (I think) four years ago. It has done it's job because judging from these swollen flowers we might have our first pears this year!


This is the Conference:




And the Williams:




My comfrey has started flowering and this will bring many bees to the garden:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!