Tuesday 28 May 2013

Hanging Baskets

My hanging baskets at the height of last Autumn were bountiful and beautiful [albeit filled from garden centre plants].

image


The three plants I used, Cyclamen, Pansies and Fern, were great hardy choices to last through the winter months but as we see ourselves in May, they are spent. So I've set a challenge to fill the baskets to the same capacity again but from seed this time. Along with a few Nasturtium seeds, I've used the following varieties:

image


image


image


Using lovely compost from the garden heap which has been enriched with some seaweed and hay, the baskets are filled and seeded and fingers crossed for some nice flowers

image


Update: Baskets on 28th May [two weeks after planting]

image



image












No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!