Tuesday 28 May 2013

My Garden on 28th May 2013


I'm full of beans today.... broad beans to be precise. For the last week, I've been feasting on the young beans [about 2 inches in length] lightly steamed in their pods while allowing the other half of the crop to develop in to large pods, from which I will harvest the beans. I've already posted photos of my bean plants and I think they show that planting in early winter, under cover, and frequent attention - picking out shoot tips [which are beautiful steamed] - can lead to a healthy and bountiful crop. This is my first time ever growing beans.








The spud stalks are rapidly growing. Lets hope the tubers are doing the same under ground.




It's time I gave the potato plants a good feed, and comfrey tea is supposed to be excellent.





Onions are coming along nicely





My three sided mini pea hedge [mange tout interplanted with sweet pea] doesn't need much support now but it won't be long before I am securing some branches around the perimeter:





All things considered, things are looking good in the garden. I'll finish with a few flower photos - important for drawing our friends, the honey bees.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!