Sunday 12 January 2014

Crock Pot Creations: Pork Tenderloin with Apple and Honey

I finally got a slow cooker so I'm slowly finding out what all the fuss is about. If you're like me and have a mountain of random meat parts in your freezer (ex boyfriends and the like) and you don't know what cuts they are, then a slow cooker is a great tool as it is a forgiving method of cooking meat. Last week I stewed pork belly, pork chop and chicken thighs together and each one was as good as the next.

Pork Tenderloin with Apple, Onion and Honey


Ingredients




500g pork tenderloin (steak)
1 apple
1 onion
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
Sprig fresh rosemary


Method


Make slits in the pork.

Peel and slice the apple and onion thinly and insert a piece of each in the pork slits.

Use the remaining apple and onion to make a bed in the crock pot.

Sit the meat on top, sprinkle with the cinnamon and pour over the honey.



Cook for 4 hours on low



My verdict: a really tasty dish that I'll definitely make again. Next time I'll add some more liquid, maybe apple juice or white wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!