Monday 3 February 2014

Brussels Sprouts for the Haters


Sprouts, poor sprouts. One of the most hated vegetables and long standing victim of over-boiling. If treated right, sprouts are a delicate, sweet food with none of the bitterness you might have experienced at one time of your life. The sprouts featured in todays post are from my garden, and about half the size of the typical shop bought veg.




So far I have enjoyed my garden sprouts lightly steamed but today I've cooked them in a way I've been meaning to try with a while - panfried with rashers in butter and oil until coloured (6-8 minutes). It's quick and easy and something I'll be doing again soon....maybe tomorrow.














No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!