Friday 28 February 2014

My Garden: 28th February 2014


Spring is in the air:




But it's still a bit cold:




But there are signs that winter is almost over. The joyous sight of washing drying in the sunshine:




A garden glove soiled with fresh compost:




I planted broad beans in January, in between the recommended months of October and Spring and after the weeks of continuous heavy rain we've had, I was worried my seeds had rotted. A close look today brings new hope and it seems that a few mild days has roused at least one plant:




I weeded a raised bed and added nice muck from the compost heap. A tray from my wrecked greenhouse will hopefully deter cars from digging:




A Hyacinth rears its head:




As do some other flower bulbs:




Inside my tomato seedlings are coming on in leaps and bounds, some growing their first true leaves:




Cabbage seedlings adorn the kitchen window:




Other jobs completed today were raking two large beds and planting six leek seeds indoors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!