Tuesday 23 June 2015

Crusty Life: 23rd June 2015

This week I am bottling my Elderflower Champagne. If you haven't already, check out MY POST with step by step photos of how to make this simple and light summer drink. It's makes a great gift for all those occasions where you would like to give something small but meaningful. It's so easy to do and great fun.

From the garden I am eating salad crops such as radish, courgette, pak choi and young beetroot leaves. My tomatoes are starting their first tiny fruits. All but one of my pears have fallen off the trees (apparently there is something called June Drop) but the remaining one is swelling nicely so fingers crossed for this baby!

Water charges were introduced last month (our bill was €55) so I am being even more conscious of my garden related water use than ever. Next big job is to get a water butt and make use of that wonderful rainfall we get. It has been quite dry lately and the plants are suffering.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!