Sunday 28 June 2015

My Garden: 28th June 2015

Another glorious day. From reading this blog you would think that the sun always shines in Ireland but I must only be inspired to post on the good days. We were out in the garden before 8 this morning; I in my pjs and wellies and toddler in his wet gear as it had rained quite heavily last night. Torrential rainfall followed by warm sunshine is a combination in which the garden really blooms. My courgette plant opens a new flower almost every day but none as fantastic as this morning: 




Where another flower has dropped off, a courgette stands waiting to be picked. I had heard that courgettes were prolific fruiters and I've found that to definitely be the case so I am glad that I only have the one plant.




My little helper illuminated. He had great fun poking his finger in the centre of the flower. Helping along pollination I'm sure:




Basking in the sunshine:




I am growing four varieties of tomato this year - Moneymaker, Sungold Select, Black Cherry and Indigo Rose (pictured):



I bought the Indigo Roses as plants in a local GIY plant sale, the rest I grew from seed. The purchased plants were much more established that my own and they have been the first to start fruiting. I am really excited to see the purple black tomatoes emerging. Most of my plants have started to flower at this stage so it shouldn't be long before I have a range of colours.

See you in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!