Friday 18 December 2020

Garden Writing Challenge

I've always been drawn to writing. I will never avoid a chance to consciously communicate with the written word, whether it's something as simple as a grammatically correct text message, as technical as proof reading CVs for my family or as indulgent as long contemplative emails to long distance friends. But right now I am looking for something more creative and intense and direct - a step above blog posts about my home and garden. My kitchen table is inviting though messy, I have a nice lamp, a map of my local Cork harbour and a my much loved globe. The stove is lighting regularly and I am extremely comfortable.



I started searching for garden writing prompts and found a perfect challenge - the Grow Write Guild challenge on a wonderful looking website You Grow Girl. The challenge is a few years old now but each post has loads of comments and links to other gardening blogs. So I've started writing little stories built around the prompts and am hoping to post one every week here. Hopefully some of you will join in too or add links to similar challenges in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!