Friday 6 September 2013

The Wonders of Owning a Chest Freezer

Looming motherhood in two months has awoken my organisational skills and all of a sudden I had to have a chest freezer! How have I lived so long without one!?? Well we do have a freezer but not one that allows much more than the obligatory fish fingers, ice pops, frozen veg and random pieces of meat.

So empty freezer at hand, we begin to fill it.

A butchered whole lamb is purchased which will keep us in meat for a long time. Not baaad.
I spend a few days cooking up the following:


Chicken and Sausage Casserole with lots of lovely leeks

image


Chili Con Carne

image


Red Thai Curry

image


Giant fish casserole

image
Other goodies made are:

Beautiful rhubarb scones taken from this recipe

image

Buttermilk pancakes with cranberries and sultanas

Double chocolate cookies from here

Bolognese using this lovely slow cook recipe - I didn't use nearly as much salt.

Im so glad I got a chest freezer. Im almost emotional. Sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...if only to know that someone is reading this blog!